The Vice President, Business Operations oversees the overarching business management of day-to-day operations within the agency. This position helps set standards and acts as governance for day-to-day projects, team management, and operational organizations. She/he oversees the management function of internal teams, excels at managing complex projects, advocates for the client, and expects high quality from the team. The Vice President, Business Operations will work with agency leadership to define, plan, and execute on-going refinement of operational practices across all agency teams. This includes the development and implementation of new processes, procedures, general improvements, talent resourcing / management, organizational planning, and budgetary planning/management.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An environment where creativity and productivity can thrive
- Work that meets and exceeds the clients’ expectations
- A product that is consistency world-class
- A team that knows how to work hard and have fun
The Vice President, Business Operations has four areas of responsibility (Operations, Leadership, Administration) with specific duties defined below.
OPERATIONS (PLANNING, ANALYZING, EVALUATING)
Maintain, monitor and report on specific operational metrics (including staff utilization/productivity, accuracy against estimates, project production costs, and error rates) that show performance against targets
- Actively research, develop and maintain best-in-class operational practices (for large multi-disciplinary creative teams), including:
- Organizational / resource planning and alignment
- Roles and responsibilities
- Operational budgeting and financial management
- Processes and procedures for planning through development and production
- Operational tools, training performance measurement and reporting
- Technology solutions, and collaboration with leadership for integrated financial, content, asset, social media management and project management allocation for the agency.
- Develop, implement, and maintain consistent time-tracking and resource management procedures for all team members
- Audit, improve or replace our system for tracking detailed information about all projects and internal initiatives.
- Act as a leader to ensure all agency work is up to the standards of the agency from an operational, production and financial responsibility governance standpoint.
- Work with leadership, talent development, and HR to ensure job roles, titles, job requirements, salaries and performance measurements reflect the needs of the team and are consistent with corporate and industry standards
- Establish agency resource management to; Regularly evaluate the teams planned project volume
- Partner with the agency leadership team to execute goals and objectives.
- Motivate teams to deliver high quality work consistently
- Initiates and leads all appropriate departmental meetings.
- Implement policies and procedures.
AGENCY LEADERSHIP ( LEADING, COORDINATING, MANAGING)
- Provide leadership within the agency for daily operations in a way that empowers the CEO and CFO to focus on their strategic and creative strengths.
- Monitor department budgets and staffing resources.
- Promote communication and information flow within all levels of agency operations. Act as a guiding force for internal operations
- Initiate, plan and drive (creative, project management or financial) acceleration projects to final stages of completion.
- Establish yearly and quarterly operational change management goals and metrics
- Sell change upstream to executive leadership
- Promote communication and information flow within all levels of the agency. Act as a guiding force for internal agency managers and staff.
- Develop operational procedures and establishes agency processes with agency partners. Establishes broad policies and objectives and ensures they are being executed.
- Work with agency talent leadership to oversee the development, training and delivery of training to staff on internal processes and standard operations procedures (SOPs)
- Evaluates overall operations on a regular and systematic basis and reports results to the agency partners.
- Establish workflow and policies that enhance communication and productivity in the agency.
- Maintain communications with appropriate agency and client personnel to ensure positive workflow. Escalating exceptions and issues to Leadership level as required
- As required, educating clients in the agency process and managing their needs and expectations.
- Advocate for master agency strategy, workflow procedures, and internal systems.
- Drive projects to final stages of completion by keeping the team both on track and highly motivated.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Leader, sense of ownership and well-developed people management skills.
- Competence, stature, and presence to quickly establish credibility within the organization.
- Focuses time and attention on organizational growth prioritizes organizational growth and health above personal popularity.
- Entrepreneurial drive with a strong understanding of business fundamentals.
- Strategic thinker. Ability to anticipate problems and solve them.
- Attention to detail, follows-up, and follows-through on commitments and ability to drive accountability.
- Organized, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Credibility as a trusted person who handles confidential matters with sensitivity and maturity.
- Positive, upbeat and soulful. Ability to not get caught up in the heat of the moment and maintain a positive and enduring environment for the team
- Resilient, unwavering and not easily overwhelmed.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience within operations of an agency
- Knowledge of creative, marketing, media and social media agency operations.
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, managing, developing and motivating.
- Knowledge and understanding of a wide range of interactive technologies, social platforms and is an expert in the integrated and interactive development process.
- Goal-oriented, success in managing through ambiguity and change in a fast-paced, complex environment.
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and communication skills – have the ability to synthesize, develop and present clear and concise recommendations.
- Client-facing experience.
- Experience working with clients to develop and negotiate contracts, project scopes and budgets
- Ability to lead the day-to-day operations of creative production environment.
- Has a background in operations, agency finances and/or client services.
- Must be based in San Diego.
- Limited travel may be required.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.