Ignite Visibility is looking for a full-time Director of Social Media to join our fast-growing and fully remote team, based in San Diego. This position is a great opportunity for an individual with demonstrated Social Media expertise in existing and emerging social media platforms, community-building, creative content creation, influencer relations to improve clients brand image and online visibility.
The Director of Social Media will be responsible for leading enterprise client Social Media strategy, lead a team of Social Media Managers, oversee strategy, and manage client accounts. The Director leads team meetings conducts strategy training to develop the team’s expertise. This role also includes client management and account oversight for PR clients.
- Leads Social Media strategy and execution for up to 5 client campaigns
- Research latest marketing trends impacting Social Media
- Manages Social Media processes, methodologies, and consulting documents.
- Reviews Social Media campaigns and strategies to ensure alignment with client goals and expectations
- Support sales with client account audits and sales presentations
- Provide support within the team for difficult client inquiries and complex client initiatives
- Manages influencer relations and contacts in industry verticals to get media placements for any client
- Build skilled Social Media team, manage current team and forecast staffing needs
- Meets with directors in other departments to coordinate cross departmental initiatives.
- Act as thought leader for Social Media department and identify department growth opportunities
- Assist on sales calls for enterprise Social Media clients
- Track Social Media revenue and gross profit
- Conducts performance reviews and approves and tracks individual goals
- Participates in the account staff hiring and onboarding process
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Competitive candidates will have 7+ years of experience in managing large social media and marketing campaigns. Preferably with an agency vs in-house.
- Experience creating creative promotional content including videos, graphics, and interactive content.
- Demonstrated creative thinking and ability to come up with innovative Social Media
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects to completion.
- Strong leadership skills to build trust and relationships with team members.
- Extensive experience with Social Media strategies that result in online placements for clients.
- Demonstrated strong communication, organization, and task execution skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to be self-directed.
Required Education and Experience
- 7+ years of experience managing Social Media campaigns
- Strong leadership, communication, organization, and task execution skills
- Advanced Social Media experience
- Intermediate Google Analytics experience
- Expert using social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest for clients
- Influencer and Media Relations experience
- Experience using social media software including Sprout Social, Traackr, or other scheduling and reporting tools
- Canva, or other social media graphic platform, experience
- Digital marketing agency experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a closely related field